Friday, February 14, 2014

First Impression & Review | Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm

heyy girls,

a couple of days ago I bought my very first Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm. I've seen them in stores for a couple of months now, and I don't know why, but I've never thought about trying them out even though I love matte products, as you can tell by my obsession for the Naked Basics by Urban Decay. So, here is my first impression and mini review of this product...


The color
I got the color Elusive. I think it is one of the most wearable colors of all the line. It is VERY pigmented, which was very surprising coming from a balm. This product doesn't look good when you have dry lips. It definitely makes them look worst. It isn't super drying on the lips though, but it's neither moisturizing. They have ten colors to choose from that go from nude to bright.



Swatch
Here is what Elusive, the only color that I own, looks like...



The staying power
It isn't super long lasting and I don't think it was meant to be that way. For me, it last 3-4 hours, and after it does leave a rosy tint of my lips before wearing off completely. I do have to reapply it after I eat.

My thoughts
I did like it, and I was really pleased with the pigmentation and the formula. Is it worth 10-12$CA? I don't think so. I personally think that you can have good matte lipsticks for cheaper than that. I would not recommend this product if you have very dry lips. But overall I thought it was a good product.

Price & where you can buy it
Where I live, it retails around 10-12$CA depending on where you buy it. You can find Revlon's products at the drugstore or at Walmart/ Target.
 
Twitter: @missbeauty4all
Instagram: @missbeauty4all
 

No comments:

Post a Comment